Ref #2464: Principal Developer (Greenfield project) in Dublin city centre
A fantastic opportunity for a Principal level Engineer to join a global greenfield project within a new innovation lab. Cutting edge technologies within a full agile environment.
- As a software developer/ system architect, you will provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of analytics solutions and will demonstrate the understanding of concepts, best practices and functions to implement a data analytics solution in a corporate environment.
- Design highly scalable data analytics architecture for various application needs, either real time analytics, batch processing, or both.
- Participate in rapid application development and agile processes to deliver new cloud platform services and components.
- Architect, design and implement high performance large volume data integration processes, database, storage, and other back-end services in fully virtualized environments.
- Work closely with the product management and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to product and solutions.
- A solid track record of architecting and designing large-scale high-throughput data analytics solutions
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, Python, C/C++, C#, Shell Scripting, or Perl
- Enthusiastic about learning other coding languages as needed
- Experience in designing large scale data processing software systems, with a good understanding of clustering and parallel architectures.
- Experience with big data frameworks (such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Yarn, Storm and NoSQL) and open source software is highly desirable.
- Ability to use Rapid Application Development and Agile process methods.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (such as Rackspace, Amazon Web Services, MS Azure) is desirable.
- Experience with Scala programming is highly desirable.