Ref #2520: Software C++ Developer in Dublin City Centre
A large software company based in Dublin are currently seeking an experienced software C++ developer to join their team.
- Design, code and test software tools.
- Deliver work to schedule
- Participate in code and documentation reviews
- Provide estimates for tasks
- Provide input to technical writers producing documentation
- Work with support engineers on customer issues
- Occasionally there are opportunities to attend conferences in the USA and Europe and to visit customers to demonstrate products
Qualifications and experience:
- Computer Science related degree or similar equivalent work experience.
- The ability to demonstrate exceptional design and coding skills, a desire to explore ideas and, above all, have a passion for quality
- 4 years practical experience in software development.
- Strong C++ development and debugging skills.
- Experience of UI design and implementation.
- A solid understanding of software testing techniques including writing unit tests.
- An understanding of IDEs and Debuggers.
- Experience of interfacing with networks and hardware eg. TCP/IP, USB.
- Experience of writing user and kernel mode drivers eg. WinUSB.
- Experience of Windows device driver models (WDM).
- Knowledge of: C#, DirectX, Dynamic “scripting” languages such as Python, Lisp or Ruby, Continuous Integration systems.