Ref #2515: Principal Developer in Dublin city centre
My client, are an emerging company who have built a innovative SaaS-based platform that deliver personalised one-to-one marketing experiences. We are currently looking for an experienced principal engineer.
- Lead the architectural direction of the platform, driving and facilitating improvements and developments.
- Provide technical direction and guidance on data processing in the platform.
- Work collaboratively to implement and bring technically difficult concepts to reality.
- Develop use cases, user stories, design and architecture specifications.
- Provide technical leadership to engineering teams.
- Mentor and facilitate the development of ideas between your fellow engineers.
- Contribute to development efforts in building new features.
Skills and experience:
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- 5-7 years’ experience designing and building big data solutions.
- Experience mentoring engineers as well as leading technical direction.
- In depth understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
- Building scalable systems in Java and related technologies.
- Developing REST based APIs.
- Developing in Spark.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Knowledge of Big Data systems such as Presto, Hive, Oozie and Hadoop.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Machine Learning frameworks like Spark MLlib.
- Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
- Languages such as Scala and Python.
- Messaging systems like Kafka.