Ref #2512: Solution Architect in Dublin city centre
We are currently working with a company who are seeking a solution architect to join their team.
- Working with customers to understand project goals and define requirements and scope.
- Analysing gaps in the existing data centre infrastructure management.
- Creating designs for cloud implementations based on public (AWS/Azure) or private (OpenStack) cloud.
- Proposing an integration approach for existing services and applications.
- Performing capacity planning for the cloud and providing hardware recommendations.
- Working with engineering/delivery teams to validate implementation details align to cloud service models.
- Understand and communicate capabilities and constraints of solution components.
- Creating cloud solution blueprints and white papers.
- Overseeing project execution carried out by remote engineering teams.
- Developing professional relationships with business stakeholders and customers to understand requirements and explain capabilities.
- 5 -10 years experience demonstrating technical leadership in a solutions architecture role.
- Solutions design and delivery experience with AWS public cloud and OpenStack private cloud
- Experience of building high-availability (HA) production-grade solutions in virtualised environments.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical vision in a documented form
- Experience with compute and network virtualisation
- Experience in working in an automated continuous integration environment.
- Solid software development experience (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby) using agile methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL or other databases in HA deployments.
- Practical experience in Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
- Background in developing distributed systems and reliable, fault-tolerant software.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with cloud automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Saltstack etc.
- Experience with direct customer interaction at business and technical tiers.
- Experience of working with Open Source PAAS frameworks (such as CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, OpenShift).
- Experience of working with messaging solutions (such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ).